Friday, July 27, 2007

Friday Photo Blogging



I was in Edinburgh on my birthday this year. I was alone and wandering the city and in a ridiculously good mood, feeling like I had the freedom to do anything I wanted any minute that I wanted it. As I walked out of my B&B on my way for dinner, (and oh, god, what a fantastic dinner it was) I found this little snail on the front walk. I put my camera down on the wet ground and took his picture, feeling that we shared a certain something in that moment. It was a certain being in the world-ness, a certain reality untainted by moments outside the one right then. The air was right, the light was right, we were right. He became my mascot of a very good day.

3 Comments:

Blogger The History Enthusiast said...

That is such a fabulous picture! And, happy birthday!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Belated happy birthday. What an amazing photograph. I love how you see the beauty in everything, even the smallest snail on the wet sidewalk. I wish the world were filled with beautiful souls like yours.

1:45 AM  
Blogger Acre said...

Thanks!

And anniina, you leave the sweetest comments ever.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home