Friday, July 27, 2007

Bug

My dog, Bug, is a herding dog. In fact, he's of a breed that's not particularly well known, so his genes aren't so far off the farm. This morning, he won't go outside. Why? Because it rained last night, and my 70-pound dog, a beast I've watched herd a cow and bark at goats, doesn't like to get his feet wet.

I could go on now and say many things about the way we override our own natures, about the way that the people that we are often defies the best plans, about the way that the universe has a sense of humor built right in. But I'm not going to. There's too many things in this world that just make me roll my eyes and giggle, and I like that and try to have as many of them in my house as possible.

2 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

"my 70-pound dog, a beast I've watched herd a cow and bark at goats, doesn't like to get his feet wet."

Meanwhile, last weekend my 8-pound cat got his feet and belly wet of his own accord wandering around my parents' screened pool patio after it had rained heavily. And I've never heard of any special affinity for water in his breed. :)

11:13 AM  
Blogger Acre said...

As long as they keep us guessing, huh?

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home